“And those saved from the covetousness (greed) of their own souls, they are the ones that achieve prosperity” (QS: All-Hasyr: 9)
Your zakah contribution will be disbursed to the 8 asnafs as follows:
1. Fakir: One who has neither material possession nor means of livelihood; one who suffers and has no means to sustain their daily needs.
2. Miskin: One with insufficient means of livelihood to meet their basic needs.
3. Amil: One who is appointed to collect zakah and the expenses incurred in the administration of zakah.
4. Muallaf: One who recently embraced Islam
5. Riqab: One who wants to free himseld from the bondage or shackles of slavery
6. Gharimin: One who is in debt but needs assistance to meet their basic needs.
7. Fisabilillah: Those who strive in the cause of Allah for the betterment of the community.
8. Ibnissabil: Stranded travelers on permissible journey.